8.26.2010

What To Do With All The Green Beans?

So do you just have a ton of green beans?  Do you feel like they are coming out of your ears?  I even planted about 1/4 of the beans I usually do, and I am basking in a sea of beans.  If you aren't making my favorite meal on the planet, this is a close second when it comes to beans.  If you just happen to have a few new potatoes in the garden too, they will come in quite handy.  I watched little miss Giada (AKA Titty Lou) make this a few years ago, and it still makes me smile every time I eat it.  You can eat it warm or cold, fresh or the next day.  It is wonderfully yummy and just down right delish!



Warm Veggie Salad
(adapted from Giada DeLaurentis' Everyday Italian)

Boiled New Potatoes
Blanched green beans
2 roasted red peppers chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 bunch green onions

Dressing:
¼ c. vinegar
zest of 1 lemon and its juice
½ c. oil
1 t. dried oregano or 1 T fresh
salt and pepper to taste

Toss all the warm veggies together with the dressing and serve.  The dressing would be great in a salad or over roasted veggies too.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you call Giada "titty lou"!!!!!
    I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love this. thanks for sharing.
    we stopped at the jackson hole bakery and got to chat with holly. it is awesome! next year we plan to begin our trip at your bakery...since James said we were losers for not saying hi. but we've struck out twice in a row now. just know that we love you guys heaps and heaps!
    the philpots

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails