8.22.2012

Roasted Green Beans with Goat Cheese

*Disclaimer- My dad hates these beans.  He says it's the goat cheese, but I take everything he says about veggies in general with a grain of salt.    He won't eat carrots.  EVER!  So that just shows you what his vegetable thinking is.  I don't want to paint this post a little too rosy, so I thought I'd get that off my chest.  BUT- Everyone else loves these beans, so at least give them a try:)

See large bean wall next to glorious Zinnias:)

Is this what your dinner plates have been looking like a lot lately?  Ours have.  I must admit that some nights dinner may be strictly watermelon, or peaches and cream.  I will say though, that these are some of my favorite meals of the year.  Maybe if I was able to eat like this year round it wouldn't be so wonderful.  But the fact that this season only lasts a short while, I relish every garden dinner I eat.


These beans were my Jimmy's idea.  We have a favorite bean recipe throughout the year and this is a take on that.  Since everything seems to taste better when it's roasted, and since it is so easy to do, I gave the suggestion a try.  And it was a winner!


I have been buried in beans.  At least 2 five gallon buckets a week.  I've given them to anyone who will take them.  You see, I only planted them this year for aesthetic purposes.   I have a ton of bottled beans still from last year, as well as a bunch of Dilly Beans.  I love the look of the tall bean poles next to the row of zinnias:) That's all there is to it.  So if you have beans, try them out one night like this.   Good luck and happy gardening!!


Roasted Green Beans with Goat Cheese

Green Beans
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Goat Cheese (4oz will be plenty.)

I fill a sliver cookie sheet with fresh, snipped beans.   Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top, and sprinkle the beans with salt and pepper.  Toss until all the beans are lightly coated.  Place in a 425' F. oven and roast 20-30 minutes.  I usually let them stay in until the tips have started to char or brown a little.  Take out of oven and sprinkle goat cheese over top.  Serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails