7.10.2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Tis true!  This is my favorite flavor combination in the whole world.  There used to be a Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor that highlighted this combination.  I'm on a crusade for them to bring it back.  It was called Monkey Wrenched, and it was delicious!  I guess my occasional purchase of the before mentioned ice cream just didn't cut it for Ben and Jerry's.  I think I'll write a letter to the editor the bring it back.  I wonder if it will work.  My prayers for the Chocolate Twizzlers  to return to their origanal form were answered.  Maybe the Monkey Wrenched prayers need to be offered:)  Just imagine peanut butter ice cream swirled with banana ice cream and then a generous sprinkling of chocolate chunks, and peanut butter cups were intertwined.  It was just delish!

So the other day when I saw a pin on Pinterest for a PB and chocolate Banana Bread I pinned it.   My Jimmy may have actually persuaded my to pin it, but I'm glad he did.  He loves to look over my shoulder as I browse Pinterest.  He may think he doesn't pin, but let me just say..........he totally does.  I believe that's another reason I like him.  I think Jimmy and Darin Adams are the only male Pinterest people on the planet.  I decided to not even mess with the original banana bread posted.  It had all sorts of odd things in it, and I have a testimony of Ruth's Banana Bread.   (Ruth is my fabulous neighbor C's mother.  I will love her for life! And she always supplies me with other great recipes.)  Trust me on this point.  No other banana bread is worth making.  Just follow Ruth's recipe.  To the recipe I added 1/2 c. girlie peanut butter (That would be the creamy PB.  No nuts, but you can use the male version of PB also.)  and 1 c. of mini chocolate chips.  It made one big loaf, but it also made enough for 12 mini muffins.  This is a treat of splendor.  Good thing my red head is home today, or I may have eaten the entire loaf by myself.

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

1/2 c. shortening (I use butter)
1 c. sugar (I use brown sugar)
2 eggs
2 c. mashed bananas (Don't skimp or it will just be ok banana bread not spectacular!)
1/2-3/4 c. peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 c. flour


Cream shortening and sugar.  Add eggs and bananas.  Add salt and soda to flour and add to the first mix.  Bake at 350' F for 45-55 mins. or until a toothpick comes out clean. This makes one big loaf.  I use a Camp Chef cast iron bread pan and I love it.  I grease and flour the inside of the pan.  Also really watch and make sure the middle of your bread is done.  Check it with a toothpick or skinny little knife.  It may take longer to bake depending on you oven and pan size.  Good luck!  

1 comment:

  1. Girlie or male peanut butter ...... another Lisa Clawsonism that we wil be adding to our list at the Mower House :) This looks yummy! I will be trying this one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails