6.13.2011

Fruit Pizza

I think Fruit Pizza is the most wonderful invention.  We had a baby blessing last Sunday.  My brother Josh and his wife Katie blessed their new son Isaac.  He's beautiful, and you should have seen Katie.  She was beautiful.  Drop dead gorgeous actually.  Her hair, her blue blouse!  I know why Josh loves her!  But we actually missed the blessing.  By about 10 minutes.  That's how it goes when Jimmy gets caught after a church meeting. But we had a wonderful day with family anyway.   It's so great when the weather is good, the company is good, the food is good, and everyone bringing dessert brings something different.  Can I just say that the dessert bringers were in tune with the spirit.  Susan brought the most wonderful Chocolate Mint Brownies (I'm going to make them today!), Jess brought yummy Magic Bars (She had a much better name for them though.) Amy brought perfect cookies, and I had a Strawberry Fruit Pizza.  We had a little of everything.  Not to much chocolate, not to much fruit.  It was just right.   I told Katie I'd post the Fruit Pizza recipe, but maybe I'll just replicate all the desserts and post them as well.  I'd do that for you:)

Fruit Pizza

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs

Cream together and then add:

4 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda

Mix until combined and press into a large silver cookie sheet.  This will make a pretty thick sugar cookie crust.  You can make it a little thinner if you want and just not put all the dough in the pan.  I have to spray my hands with Pam when I press the dough in.  Otherwise the dough is way too sticky and just makes a mess.  Bake in a  375'F oven for about 12 minutes.  The cookie will barely start to brown.  Cool and frost.

Frosting

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 c. of powdered sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Beat until thick and smooth.

fold in a small carton of Cool Whip

You'll have extra frosting, but is that a bad thing?  Frost the cooled cookie with the frosting and then top with any assortment of fruit.  I had a ton of strawberries so I only used strawberries, but all fruit is welcome on this cookie.  Serve 

1 comment:

  1. WHAT??????
    Frosting with Sweetened Condensed Milk???? Oh, be still my dimpled thighs!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails