9.24.2010

Blackberry Peach Crisp


Can you smell it?  Crisps remind me of walking up the ramp at good old Lomond View Elementary on my way to lunch and smelling the apple crisp baking.  They'd serve it in a little dish with a perfect little dallop of whipped cream on top.  It was one of my favorite desserts in grade school.  Sunday I made Berry Peach Crisp.  It was tasty.  It was pretty too.   It brought back memories, and dang it smelled good.   The best thing about a crisp is you can use what ever you've got fruit wise.  Peaches, fresh or canned even.  Berries, and plums, or apples, or cherries.  I love them all.


Blackberry Peach Crisp

load of fresh peaches peeled and sliced
blackberries
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. Ultra Gel or cornstarch

Mix together until combined.  Pour into a baking dish.  Top with crisp topping.

Crisp

2 cubes butter
1 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. oatmeal
cinnamon

Cut butter into the rest of the ingredients until resembles small peas.  Sprinkle on top of fruit.  Bake at 375' F. for 30-45 mins. or until the middle of the crisp starts to bubble.  Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa this looks so so YUMMY as soon as I get off this Diet I will have to give it a go. This is my favorite flavor of Dutch oven crisp!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails