9.22.2010

Blackberries and Peaches

Love this combination.  Maybe it's the striking difference in colors, but I love making things with blackberries and peaches this time of year.  My blackberry patch is prolific.  It's making up for the lack of raspberries I guess, but it's been fabulous.  I love picking blackberries too.  They're big and fat, no thorns, and just easy.  Some of my berries have been as big as my whole thumb.  Yum!!  So it's been Coconut Pound Cake with Berries and Peaches, Berry Peach Crisp,  Granola with berries and yogurt, and tons of jam.

Enjoy the berries and peaches!

Coconut Pound Cake with Blackberry and Peaches

1 c. butter softened
3 c. sugar
6 eggs

Mix these ingredients together until light and fluffy.  Add:

3 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder

Mix until smooth.  Add:

1 c. sour cream
1 oz. of extract (coconut, rum, almond, lemon.....you get the idea)

Mix until combined and pour into a greased and floured 12 c. Bundt pan.  Bake at 325' F. for 1 hr. and 15 mins.  When done let sit on the counter for about 10- 15 mins.  Run a knife around the edge and invert onto a cake stand or large dish.  

Glaze For the Bundt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
A lot of extract of the flavor of cake your making.  Especially the rum extract.  My granny once asked me if I used real rum in the cake it was so sauced up.  What a compliment Grams!
Bring the glaze to a boil on the stove and let it bubble away for 2-3 mins.  I brush the hot sauce on a hot cake with a pastry brush.  It makes it shiny and extra flavorful.

Berries and Peaches

Lots of fresh peaches peeled and sliced.  Lots of fresh Blackberries.
1 c. sugar

Combine together until sugar has dissolved.  Serve on top of pound cake with a big dallop of fresh whipped cream!


1 comment:

  1. I'll take your pound cake fruit free any day! Its such a hit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails