9.12.2013

Sweet Bee Berry Crepes

I have a new way to love crepes.  There's always the question of what to put on your crepe.  Nutella, Biscoff Spread, sweetened cream mixture with berries, bananas and strawberries, Nutella and bananas. Oh my word I could go on and on and on!  There are so many good ways to eat a crepe, but I think I've found a new favorite!!  We have the cutest little place in town called The Crepery.   Emma and I love it!  You can get a sweet or savory crepe there any time of the day.  I always get a more substantial savory lunch-ish type crepe every time I go, but Emma tried the Sweet Bee last time.  I actually made fun of her, but I have since eaten my words.  The Sweet Bee is so plain Jane, but I should have known there is NOTHING plain about Jane!  My sweet baby Jane is anything but plain. Same with the Sweet Bee.  A golden crepe lathered in butter and honey and folded.  Eaten as is.  It's heaven!!  I would never have tried something so ordinary, but let me just tell you that ordinary is sublime.  Honey is liquid gold, and it tastes so wonderful folded in a hot crepe.  I may have topped it off with a few fresh blackberries from the garden, and a dollop of whipped cream.  My new favorite crepe.  We'll be having them for brekky for the rest of my days:)


I double this recipe for my family of 6 and we are usually left still wanting a few.

Crepes
1 c. flour
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 t. salt
2 T. melted butter
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.

Cheese Filling
1 16 oz carton cottage cheese blended smooth with a wand blender
1/2 - 1c. powdered sugar (to your liking. We like it a bit on the sweet side)
a pinch of salt

Warm Berry Sauce
2 c. frozen berries of choice. We used Huckleberries that we had picked, but raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, or any kind work fantastic
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water

Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Serve warm on crepes or waffles.

To make the crepes just spread a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture down the middle of a crepe. Roll it up and top with warm berries. We eat tons of these when we make them. Like 10-12 a person sometimes.
Sweet Bee Berry Crepe

Honey
Warm Berry Sauce
Butter
Whipped Cream

On the inside of the crepe spread a little butter, and drizzle the honey.  Top with warm berries and a little whipped cream!  Heaven!!









2 comments:

  1. So yummy! I actually made this very recipe of yours for our dinner on Tuesday. I had it from a macey's class. I had 1/2 can of sweetened cond. milk and used that in place of the powdered sugar for the cheese mixture. I used to teach French in Logan and we'd walk to the creperie for a field trip before they moved to the south end of main st. I've never gone plain Jane w/ just honey either, but you never lead me astray....I'll have to try it soon! Thanks, as always. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up eating crepes every week, but we called them Swesish Pancakes. I don't see much difference. Anyway, my favorite way to eat them was to sprinkled powdered sugar in the middle, roll them up and pour milk over it. I still love them that way and even if I eat them with more delicious fillings, I always have at least one the way my mother taught me to eat them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails