6.04.2012

Fruit Pizza

I've done this one before, BUT...........it's so stinking pretty!  And tasty!  It is the First Day of Freedom as we call it at our home.  The first day of Summer Vacation!  I LOVE IT!  The two oldest had a boating party with loads of fun friends, and Mems requested this fruit pizza.  I made the Gingie Snap version, but I'm including the regular Sugar Cookie version as well.  Then you can choose, or make one of each.  Do what you need to do.  It's fruit anyways, so you can eat it to your hearts content.

Here's to a great start to a beautiful summer.  Oh and by the way........ I thought the end of the world was coming this morning.  Did you see the partial eclipse of the moon.  It was quite early this morning.  5:04am to be exact.   I walked outside to go running with my girls and noticed a different moon than the almost full moon I observed last night.  Not one of my girls new what was going on either.  It startled me I will admit.  I hate when I don't feel in control.  A quick Google search confirmed the eclipse.  Sorry if you missed it.  It was lovely.  Enjoy some Fruit Pizza this week friends:)


Gingersnap Fruit Pizza

Gingersnap cookie:
3/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 3/4 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger

Combine the butter, sugar, egg and molasses together until creamy. Add the dry ingredients. Mix completely. Pat the cookie dough into a large silver cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 'F oven for 10-15 mins. Until the crust is puffed in the middle. Don't over bake. That's bad. Once the crust is cool top with frosting.

Frosting:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar

Beat until combined. Fold in 1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Mix until combined. Spread on top of cooled crust and top with your favorite fresh fruit.

Kiwi
Strawberries
Raspberries
Blackberries
Mandarin Oranges
Fresh Pineapple
Pomegranate Seeds
Grape
Sliced Bananas
Whatever tickles your fancy.

Original Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs

Cream together and then add:

4 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda

Mix until combined and press into a large silver cookie sheet.  This will make a pretty thick sugar cookie crust.  You can make it a little thinner if you want and just not put all the dough in the pan.  I have to spray my hands with Pam when I press the dough in.  Otherwise the dough is way too sticky and just makes a mess.  Bake in a  375'F oven for about 12 minutes.  The cookie will barely start to brown.  Cool and frost.

Frosting

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 c. of powdered sugar

Beat until thick and smooth.

fold in a small carton of Cool Whip

You'll have extra frosting, but is that a bad thing?  Frost the cooled cookie with the frosting and then top with any assortment of fruit.  I had a ton of strawberries so I only used strawberries, but all fruit is welcome on this cookie.  Serve 


3 comments:

  1. we put an orange juice glaze over ours, it's from the Best of Bridge recipe book. Cornstarch, sugar, water, OJ, simmer, thicken, pour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! Can't wait to try the glaze on mine the next time:)

      Delete
  2. Too cute! love the bright colors! this would be perfect for a summer treat!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails