5.07.2012

Coconut Macaroons

I love the San Francisco Airport.  If I have an opportunity to fly through San Fran, I take it.  Always.  All I need is a 7 minute layover to run to the little Just Desserts kiosk, and I'll be set.  I have to buy the most lovely coconut macaroon that is dipped half way in chocolate.  It's delicious!  It's wonderful, and it make the rest of any flight bearable:)  I have learned to buy at least 2.  The last time I bought one, James told me he didn't want one, but he ended up eating mine so therefore he gets one too from now on.  This has been a real sore spot in my marriage:)

I've been making this Coconut Macaroon recipe for a few years now, and I have yet to share it.  I've shared, just not on the blog.  It's so good, and really easy to make.  You don't have to dip the cookie in chocolate, but it makes them extra special if you do.  The last for a few days as well.  They'd be perfect for the next shower or get together you have.  I made them yesterday for the celebrating of Mother's Day a little early.   They're always a hit!

Lovely Macaroons
I think I found this recipe off of Food Network, but I've never been able to find it again when I've looked for the source.  So let's just say it's theirs:)

1/2 c. flour
1 14oz. bag of coconut plus 1 1/2 c. from another bag
1/4 t. salt
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 t. vanilla

Mix flour, coconut and salt together.  Add milk and vanilla.  Mix until combined.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined of greased cookie sheet.  Silpats work fabulous here.  Bake at 350' F. for 12- 15 mins. or until browned around the edges.  This made 21 good sized cookies for me, but it could make about 24-30 smaller cookies.  To dip in chocolate take 8 oz. of Bakers Semi Sweet chocolate, and place it in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.  Stir and place in microwave for another 30 secs.  Repeat until the chocolate is melted.  Dip cooled cookies in chocolate and let set on wax paper until the chocolate is solid.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails