4.13.2012

Breakfast Today

I'm trying out my new mobile app. My brekky on the go! Actually I can't seem to locate my camera so you get the iPhone photo. Since our little get away for Spring Break I'm hooked on this breakfast. My friend R introduced me to this wonderful Kale Hash. We love kale at our home but have limited ourselves to eating it in soup only. Now we eat it a lot. My garden is always bountiful with kale but I'll admit most goes to waste at the end of the season. No longer! You can serve it as a side for dinner or my favorite, breakfast. Sorry to all my "totally cooked egg friends". I love a runny egg dripping off my hash! Delish!! I hope you try this recipe out. It's so healthy for you and it tastes yummy. You can use spinach, chard, beet greens, or collard greens as well. I love adding tomatoes and whatever else I have. Enjoy and happy weekend!!

Kale Hash

1 bunch kale washed and chopped ( I use most of the stems as well)
1 tomato chopped
1 red pepper chopped
Zucchini
Carrots......... You get the idea! Add whatever you have.

In a large skillet drizzle about 2 t of olive oil and add veggies. Stir fry until tender. 5 mins or so. You can add a little garlic too for some more deliciousness. Serve as a side dish or top with a perfect fried egg.

5 comments:

  1. I just want to be a fly on the wall and come and watch you cook in your own kitchen. Several of us have been getting kale in the baskets on Saturday and wanting to know some good stuff to do with it. Christine puts a little olive oil and salt and pepper and bakes it at 350 for about 20 minutes for kale chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I can't wait to try to it. And I echo what my mom said, I too want to be a fly on your wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your awesome recipe for Rustic Bread. We love it and make it all the time but I am wanting to improve it. We find that we can't add things b/c the dough is very flimsy and runny. It always tastes good but the dough is much flatter than yours and very sticky. We live in UT. Do we need to do something different?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Robyn! I hope you get this response. I tried to find your email, but alas I couldn't. So here's hoping I find you. Thank you so much for the comment. I love it when I hear from someone who actually tries a recipe out. OK here's a few suggestions for your bread. First off I live in Utah too so there shouldn't be anything with the altitude. Next time you make it just add a little more flour. I read a fantastic article years ago in Martha Stewart that talked about flour inconsistencies. The best way to measure flour is to actually weigh it, but most folks don't have a kitchen scale. Different flours have different amounts of moisture content in them depending on where they came from, the humidity in your area and some other factors as well. I would start by adding maybe 1/2 c. more flour and see where that takes you. I can put all sorts of things in my bread so you should be able to as well. Here's a link

    http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/rosemary-lemon-no-knead-bread.html

    to the original recipe from William-Sonoma. Read through some of the comments. Your problem seems to be a common one. I'm suprised! Good luck and let me know how it turns out. I hope it works well for you:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails