2.20.2012

Chicken Sticky Finger Salad

I have a testimony of Pinterest.  Can I say that?  I just did, and it is true.  Pinterest has been such a great site to find loads of inspiration for cooking, and all sorts of other things.   I have actually done a few minor crafty things lately.   I don't craft at all.  I'm not crafty,  and I usually don't love it, but I've found some simple little things to make that have just made me smile.  I've seen this Sticky Finger recipe a few different places, and decided that we were going to have it for a lovely Sat. lunch.  I've never eaten at Winger's but from what I understand these are their crown jewels.  It really was good.  Soooo good!  One thing I would do differently next time was the chicken preparation.  I bought the crispy chicken tenders and made it as stated, but we all decided it would be awesome with just grilled chicken slathered in the delicious sauce.  Saves on some calories, and I don't think you would miss a thing.  The salad was delish!  We have a few ears of corn from my weekly Bountiful Basket so we chargrilled them on the BBQ.  I also added some citrus.  It was some kind of orange.  I think even grapefruit segments would be sooo good.  The dressing was just a Ranch I made.  Just a Hidden Valley packet, but the secret is Buttermilk.  If you add buttermilk it becomes the best ranch dressing on the planet.  Technically I turned it into Blue Cheese dressing though.  About 1/4 c. of blue cheese crumbles can do wonders.  Small drizzles of dressing was all that was necessary.  The sweet hot chicken was the star!  I love pinterest and I will forever be in its debt.  My family is thankful.........as Jimmy would say, "Thanks from the bottom of my mixing bowl!"

Chicken Sticky Finger Salad
courtesy of DIY Divas

Salad Ingredients:
Lettuce
Corn
Black Beans
Tortilla Chips
Avocado
Orange or Grapefruit segments
Blue Cheese dressing
(anything else you think might be tasty)

1 pkg. Frozen Breaded Chicken or chunks of grilled chicken would be awesome!

Sauce Ingredients:
3 T. Franks Hot Sauce
3/4 c.  sugar
2 T. water
1 T. corn syrup (this helps with the crystallization of the sugar)

Here is what you do:

1.  Heat up the chicken in the oven (just follow the directions on the bag), or grill you some chicky bosoms.

2.  While the chicken is heating up, make the sauce.

Heat up the Hot sauce, brown sugar and water.  Stir on med. heat until the sugar is dissolved. 

3.  Once the chicken is cooked and crispy, pour the sauce on the chicken.

4. You can stop here and enjoy them as is, or put them on top of your favorite salad ingredients!  Yum!

5.  Top or dip with ranch dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails