2.27.2012

Cake Mix Sugar Cookies

Who doesn't love sugar cookies? I'll bet you not a single person would raise their hand to this question.  I don't know a person alive who doesn't love these.  I think it's the sprinkles, and the fun colored frosting.  It just makes a person smile.  There are certain times of the year that sugar cookies are mandatory.  I think those times include: Valentines, Christmas, and Halloween for sure.

At the bakery we sell tons of sugar cookies during the different holidays.  We actually add in Easter, St. Patricks Day, Mother's Day, Summer in general, and anytime I seem to be feeling a bit of a sugar cookie need.  It happens sometimes, and James is always kind to oblige.  My only complaint about sugar cookies is the time required to roll, and cut, and then frost those little babies.

I do have a favorite sugar cookie recipe from my cousin Lindi that I usually make at least for one of the above mentioned holidays.  If you are feeling like going all out, be my guest.  Here's the link.  But if not, these Cake Mix Sugar Cookies are pretty dang good.

 I make homemade Oreo's out of a cake mix and they are always tasty, so you can only imagine these will knock your socks off as well.  Play around with flavorings if you want.  I usually put a little lemon extract in my frosting, but almond is good too.  I like to scoop the cookies extra big or extra small.  It just makes a funner cookie I think.   Frost and sprinkle to your hearts content.

The other day my oldest son went to the Sweetheart Dance with a cute girl, and the only thing I could think of to describe her dress was, "Red with silver sprinkles!"  Mems thought that was hilarious.  She told me I needed to step away from the sugar cookies:)  Make these and I promise you, someone is going to love your guts!



Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
again another great find from pinterest and skiptomylou


2 boxes white cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c. oil

Mix ingredients together until combined.  Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake in a 350'F oven for 10-13 minutes.  Until the cookie is puffed, and crackly.  Don't let the edges brown if you can help it.  Frost and sprinkle to your little hearts desire!


1 comment:

  1. We are known at our house for cake box cookies. The biggest hit is what others call an odd YUMMY combination. Not me! They are two flavors that should always be friends. I use a LEMON cake mix with 3/4 cup shortening, one egg and a tich of milk (you know how much that is!) Then CHOCOLATE CHIPS! I prefer the dk chocolate Garudelli (NO I don't know how to spell it but you know what it is:) Bake at 350. Take them out before they look quite done. They seriously are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails