8.29.2011

Summer Storms

Bear Lake sunrise.  8/18/2011.  Overlooking the lake, to the East just above Ideal Beach.
I don't think there is anything more wonderful than watching a thunderstorm roll in.  I remember the summer I started dating James there seemed to be quite a few of these summer storms and we would sit on my front porch watching them roll in from the west.  I could watch that for hours.  There are a few storms that have really stuck in my mind though.  Usually it involves James, porches, blankets and the most beautiful skies imaginable.  It's the blue sky that gives way to a purple-y darkness.  I call it periwinkle and I think it's the most gorgeous color the Lord gave us.

Bear Lake is one place that has spectacular storms roll in.  I've spent many beautiful days at the beach only to have the infamous Bear Lake storm roll in late in the afternoon.  Usually it comes in from the north and you can see the dark ominous clouds way before the drops start.  It's beautiful!

Last Sat. morning one of those wonderful storms rolled in to Bear Lake at about 6am.  James rolled over in bed and suggested we go watch the fireworks.  I love him for that.  Always willing to sit on the porch and admire a show.  The lightning was incredible.  Amazing actually.  It was striking all around us.  For two hours almost we watched from our front porch as the most spectaculars storm raged.  Eventually we were joined by a few kids and a grandma and grandpa.  Josh was witness to the storm too.  It was fantastic.  A storm that will be remembered for a long time.  The picture is of the sunrise that morning.  It was better than any sunset in Hawaii I have ever seen.  These are the moments that you know there is a God who loves you.  He sends you these great gifts if you'll just take the time to experience them.  I'm grateful I was witness to this beautiful morning.  It will go down as one of my favorites.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails