8.20.2010

My Cousin's Are Amazing Cooks



Every Aug. my granny has a little gathering of grandchildren at her pool for the annual Cousin Party.  Doesn't every kid in the world love their cousins to death?  I was telling someone the other day that I have taken my kids on some pretty fantastic trips, but their favorite trips always seem to involve cousins!  There are always 2 big cousin trips each summer and they always involve camping, dirt, bears, Uncle Dave's Hola song, and lots of late nights.  If you ask my kids what they did this summer it will be all about the Garner Reunion with the cousins, and the Clawson Reunion with the cousins.  Are you sensing a common thread here?

Well cousins are amazing.  They teach you all sorts of things.  I learned how to do the "lollipop pop" with my fingers from my cousins and the song "Playing With the Queen Of Hearts".  I learned how to do a 1 1/2 flip off the diving board with my cousin and how to make Cheeser's and Tuna Patties.

So our cousin party last week was dang fun.  Not everyone could attend, so we gossiped about those not there. (Just kidding Emmi!) But I soon realized that I come from a family of amazing cooks.  Grams bought pizza and everyone was asked to bring a little something.  I brought a watermelon-what a cop out, but everyone else hit homeruns!   I walked back to my car with a couple new recipes for my file.  I'll be making both real soon.   I hope you enjoy them- I know I enjoyed every minute being with my cousins!  We need to do that a  little more often.  Thanks Granny for the good time!
Angie's Fruit Salsa





1 cup grapes
1 lb. strawberries
2 Granny Smith Apples w/skin on
3 Pink Lady or Fuji Apples w/skin 
1 orange-juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 Kiwi
1/2 cup jam-strawberry

Angie took all the fruit and buzzed it in a food processor.  She left it a little chunky, but not too much.  The flavor is dang good.   
Tortilla chips: Take flour tortillas and spray them with pam or butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Cut into wedges and bake @385 until golden brown.  Serve the salsa with the cinnamon sugar chips.  It was divine, and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails