6.03.2009

I Am On A Roll


Just a quickie here.  You know me though.....I start on something and sometimes I just can't stop.  It would be the roasted veggies again.  This time in a pasta.    Yummy, yummy!  Tonight's dinner was Lemon Roasted Veggie Chicken Pasta.  Do you think I could come up with a better name?  I'll work on that one.  Here's the recipe though.  It is really easy and tastes light and summery.  Let me know if you try it.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Lemon Roasted Veggie Chicken Pasta

Roasted veggies (I use 1 lb. of asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and onions)  Place the veggies on a cookie sheet and drizzle a little olive oil on top.  Toss with your hands and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on them.  Place in a 425' F. oven for 20-30 mins.

1 lb. pasta of choice  (I used Linguine)  cooked al dente
2 chicken breasts chopped

In a large saute pan place the cooked pasta, roasted veggies, and chicken.  Add to the pan:

2 c. half and half
1 T. lemon zest
1 c. Parmesan cheese
a pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper

Turn the temp up and let the half and half heat up while you mix it around with the other ingredients.   The sauce may seem really thin, but it thickens while it sits.   This is a yummy dinner, and loaded with good veggies.  Serve with Great Harvest Asiago Sourdough bread, a sprinkling of Parmesan, and fresh parsley.


  

3 comments:

  1. I love dishes with lemon, Marc does not. Its one of those things I just can't win...

    It looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipes lately, we love roasted veggies. Keep on your kick and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks super yummy I will let you know when I try it. I was also wondering what rosted veggies did you use in the breakfest dish?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails