5.04.2009

Cinnamon Popcorn


So a post a day is rather ambitious.  Especially with a weekend thrown in.  Oh well!   The second fabulous popcorn recipe I'm sharing is one of my favorites.  I know I say that all the time, but this truly is.  Every year during the second week of July James' mom's side of the family has a camping vacation to Emigration Campgroup up by Bear Naked Lake.  It is tradition, and as many cousins as can make it come up for at least one day.  This recipe came from one of James' cousins.  Her name is Rachel.  She does something that I have always wanted to do, but I have never dared.  She is a brilliant blond gal who wears bright red lipstick!!!  And it looks fabulous on her.  There are not many girls who can get away with that, but Rachel has got style.  So here is Rachel's Red Hot Cinnamon Popcorn recipe.  It's really tasty, and it just might make you want to wear some red lipstick:)  

PS- I thought I'd post a pic of the signage at the bakery.  It is from when we opened the new bakery 3 years ago.   Notice how cinnamon is spelled.  There is nothing like paying your sign guy the big bucks, and then have your 10 year old son let you know that cinnamon is spelled incorrectly.  You'd think the sign guy would have spell checked first.  It only lasted a day and now if you visit the bakery all cinnamon wordage is spelled correctly!  Hurray!

Cinnamon Popcorn

1 c. butter
1 1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. white karo syrup

Bring these ingredients to a boil and let bubble hard for 1  min.  Pull off the heat and add:

2 t. cinnamon oil
1/2 t. soda
1/4 t. salt
lots of red food coloring (you can make it red or pink)

Stir together well and pour over popcorn.  ( I pop 1 c. of kernals and that makes 1 big white Tupperware bowl full)  Stir until combined.  Grease 2 cookie sheets and spread the popcorn between the two sheets.  Bake the popcorn at 250'F for 1 hour.  Stir every 15 mins.  Take out of oven and break into big bowl.  I melted a cup of white chocolate and stirred that into the popcorn after it was cooled, but I think we like it better when it is just cinnamon without the chocolate.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm Julie Jensen and I am Pat and Denny Williams daughter. I live close to Holly and she gave me your blog address the other day for recipes and am I ever glad. My son had to do a dessert cook off and we made your sons favorite whopper trifle. He made it yesterday of all days fast sunday but the challenge was last night. If is a challenge for the Stake YM presidency to pick their fav. and yes my son won. So thank you thank you for your delicious recipes. I am going to try the BBque salad tonight. Keep those recipes coming. I swear you take after your grandma and Aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish. I made the white chocolate marshmellow last night, and ate the whole bowl myself...everyone else wanted left over derby pie. I wasn't going to eat it all, but I just couldn't stop. Next time I make it, maybe tonight, I think I will put salty nuts in it. Yumm. I'm excited to try cinnamon soon. And don't worry about that dang scale. They all lie. Love ya tons! Holli-wog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails