12.27.2008

Merry Christmas



I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Once the bakery is closed and James is finally home life is wonderful.  My mom and dad and Eric came up for dinner on Christmas Eve and we had a great time.  Good food, and good company make for a good night.  Christmas morning was great.  We got a new puppy.  (We now have 3 dogs, and 2 kitties)  I know this is crazy, but Lucy and Gus (our old dogs) are training Polly (the new puppy) well.  It snowed all Christmas day and made for a great day to stay home.  Of course we ventured out after Rod called giving us the guilt trip.  We had a great Christmas night with the Garner's in Pleasant View.  The drive back to Logan was another story.  I've decided that the super dooper pooper Land Rover LR3 with all its fancy gidgets and gadgets is actually harmful in these kind of driving conditions.  James believes he is invincible, and amazing, and the car can do anything.  We made it home in just over 2 hours, blazing a trail the last 2 miles through 15 inches of snow and some big drifts.  We had to stop at Rocky Point and say a prayer.  Emma said a prayer for safety, and I added a silent "Bless our stupidity too!  Please!"  

2 comments:

  1. Lisa Christmas Eve dinner really was great and I'm glad you made it down on christmas. I thought the land rover really was invincible?

    Check out my blog.
    www.bigislandsun.blogspot.com

    Love ya,

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want to see the insides. Sounds really good. When they ask for you soul though I hope you gladly decline.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails